Interactive Bar

Google Services





Log In

Millom Infant School

Every child a learner, we all learn together


Before you apply for a school place, please read through the Starting School in Cumberland (PDF 8MB) booklet. 


To apply for a Reception place for your child in September 2024, you can:

School Admissions and Appeals
Cumberland Council
PO Box 415

The closing date for applications is 15 January 2024.


In-Year Transfer Admission

Please read the information sheet below carefully.

  1. If you need a printed copy of the leaflet, please contact the School Admissions and Appeals Team who will send a copy to you.

  2. If after reading the information leaflet you still wish to make an application, you can do this by:

  • contacting your preferred school directly, and in most cases it will be able to deal with your request.  If you are offered a place, you can arrange an admission date with the school.  If your request is refused, this should be done in writing with the reason for refusal, and you will be informed of your right of appeal against this decision.

  • (Some schools may refer you to the team to handle your application (for example - community and voluntary controlled schools, where the LA is the admissions authority).

  • If your prefer, you can also contact School Admissions to make an application and for more information about admissions to school.  If your preferred school is an academy, voluntary aided, foundation or free school, we will forward your form for the governing body/academy trust to reply to you directly.

  • For community or voluntary controlled schools, School Admissions will write to you about the outcome of your application.


We have received the school admissions list for the September intake.  If you wish to make a late application or change of preference please can you contact immediately. 



Free School Meals and Clothing Voucher


Please refer to the Free School Meals information in the Parents tab for more information.



Health/ Medical Needs


We need to know if your child has a medical condition e.g. asthma. If they do then you will need to complete a health care plan so we are aware of procedures etc if the child becomes unwell while at school.  Please complete a Health Care Plan as soon as possible.